- Up to date information and representation on developments, trends and changes in the employment environment and in the tertiary education sector
- The services of professional, experienced employment relations advisors
- The knowledge and experience that comes with more than 40 years experience representing allied staff in the NZ tertiary education sector
- Specialist staff who have an excellent record of successful employment collective agreement negotiations
- Competent assistance and support that has constructively resolved employment relationship issues for thousands of allied staff, with top results
- Support, strength and unity by being part of an organisation whose membership is made up of many hundreds of people employed in tertiary education
- A combination of TIASA's own buying power and that of the Education Sector Unions, means that third party service providers are happy to provide discounts, with no obligation to our members.
Links to Benefits
|Affordable day to day medical care plans. Primary Care & Primary Care Extra have been specifically designed for education staff and are exclusively available to union members. HealthCarePlus is owned by participating unions and is not for profit, so any surpluses are reinvested for the members benefit.
Additional benefits are available through HealthCarePlus including Hospital Cover, Life, income/mortgage protection & trauma insurances (plans are available through a wide range of NZ insurance companies). Discounts of up to 10% for TIASA members for the life of your policy for all Life & Disability insurances (not just the first year)! Talk to your HealthCarePlus Representative to find out more.
Click here to visit the HealhrCarePlus website or phone 0800 268 3763 to talk with them.
|AIL Insurance has been serving Trade Union members in New Zealand since 1995. They provide benefits to over twenty-four different Unions across a variety of industries. All members of TIASA are covered by a $1500 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Policy. This automatic membership benefit is provided to you at No Cost and cover you as long as you are a financial member of our Union. In addition to this, we are also able to offer an extra $10,000 Accidental Death Benefit for just $2 for the first year. This extra option is guaranteed renewable every year thereafter for just $5 per year. To receive you Certificate of Coverage and name your beneficiary, please click on this link: www.ailnz.co.nz/request. An AIL representative will contact you to make an appointment to deliver your Certificates and discuss other benefits available. We strongly recommend members take advantage of this offer but you are under no obligation whatsoever. This is only available because you are a TIASA member. For further info, please call (09) 827 9900 or freephone 0800 894 121. AIL is an A+ Superior rated company (AM Best.)|
|Union Plus Home Loans. Union Plus is the broad member benefits service available to members of TIASA. All products and services listed on the site are carefully chosen by the member benefits team and are designed to save the Union member money. Benefits and Services include: Specialist services include: Insurance – Life; Trauma; Total and Permanent Disablement; Income & Mortgage Protections; Rent Cover; Household Expenses; Cancer Cover; House/Contents/Car Insurance; Pet Insurance. Home Loans – Full Broker Service; Interest Rate Negotiation; Home Loan Top Ups; First Home Buyers; Welcome Home Loans; Investment Property Purchases & Home Loan coaching. Visit the Union Plus website by clicking on their logo or phone the member benefits team on 0800 320 400 to find out more.|
TIASA has an enviable history of success
Join now, and become part of our success story.
Membership is open to all staff in the tertiary education sector.